Allrighters' website

Go to or visit the Allrighters' website. To follow this Diary please enter your e mail address in the box below.

16 August 2013

16 August 2013

I did not plan to be writing this so soon after my last posting but ...

A Listing of Interest.



http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2002/10_october/19/great_britons.shtml 

 I wonder what order a current update would show?

Surely those BBC programmes were not shown nearly eleven years ago!

The Casual Vacancy

Yesterday I saw the horrible looking ( to me ) but eye catching yellow and red covered hardback version of JK Rowling's Casual Vacancy in our local Library. I thought given current sales of the paperback version I should take out the book on loan. I have started to read, not really my type of book, nor one I would buy.

However, reading the book while wearing my editor's hat I am impressed by her powers of observation and so far the points used in the story are pricking recognition and chuckles. I will read 100 pages and see how the reading goes. Already on second thoughts, as I managed 180 pages of 50 Shades and given my respect for JKR and her encouragement of children to read I will have to read more. To me she is a good story teller, even of a story I do not enthuse over, and this appears to be her secret weapon with other readable and successful writers.

I have been involved in cover design for Ywnwab! during the last week. The yellow and red cover design for the hardcopy of Casual Vacancy is not to my liking, but then the paperback version has the neatness and sameness of thousands of other books on the bookshop stands. A feeling of a blog posting coming on. Well I am well through the draft of one on this interesting subject.

... and 1700 word competition entry for Twist in the Tail Story submitted yesterday.

Good reading and writing to you everywhere - Alexander


No comments:

Post a Comment